Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Christmas in July" 8" x 8" oil on panel


Guess I'm continuing with the Christmas balls. They so went with the flower with a nice contrast of the green cup in the middle. At first after painting and squinting to see it, the colors and shapes, to me, looked a bit like barkcloth. I did use a new surface, which is the Ampersand with the gessoed surface. But now I'm excited about trying the Ampersand with the clay finish....even smoother than the previous. I love when the paint just slips and slides around on the surface in the beginning stages of a painting.


This one is called, "Bud, I think Junior Fell Out" oil on a canvas panel. This is the first time I have painted this blue pot. It's really large, so it held (sorta) the big sunflower blossoms. So I had to use big brushes with the large scale of things and didn't want to get hung up in the little details. 

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Les deux peintures que j'admire sont intéressantes... J'aime l'harmonie des couleurs... Je trouve ravissante la seconde peinture avec le pot bleu... Il y a un très beau contraste de nuances de couleurs...
Gros bisous

dulcy said...

If we lived close by each other I would love nothing better than to take painting lesson from you. I really like both of these paintings! I still keep mine on my mantle with many of my favorite pretty's to admire....
xo
dulcy