Monday, April 11, 2011

"Five Plus One" 10" x 10" Oil on Linen


I'm still on the green apple thing I have going, but strawberries....I don't know. I'm so tempted to eat them. I had, I thought, a real challenge in front of me. I wanted to try to paint really red strawberries, but I just couldn't come up with a pleasing composition. So I actually pulled in the green apple to keep me in my comfort zone, being that I've been painting them a lot lately. I tried to indicate the seeds in the berries, but that was a disaster, so I just kept them "sterile". 

4 comments:

Julia said...

and your apple is still looking good. JB

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

nice painting...Daniel

susan jenkins said...

Very nice!Love your bold style!

LindaHunt said...

Love the berries....and the apple!! I like the berries without the seeds...it is the color that makes them so real! Love the drawing in this painting.