Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"First Pick" 12' x 12" oil on gessoboard


I am finally getting back to the daily painting, much to the expense of other business, but this is the way it needs to be. These daffodils were on the way out, so I really wanted to paint them. I was originally trying to make the flowers a darker value, with highlights on the ends of the blooms....to create more of a 3-D effect. Then, when standing back, I realized I had overworked the blooms and lost the darker value. I'm here to post the good, bad and the ugly. Well, perhaps not the ugly. But you can see that my painting days are by no means perfect. I may go back today and rework the upper area of the painting. Too much green, also, in the stems.

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonsoir ma chère amie,
Votre composition est très bien équilibrée... L'harmonie des couleurs lui confère une grande douceur.
Vous ne paraissez pas complètement satisfaite, vous devriez pourtant !
J'aime beaucoup !
Gros bisous