Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"4 Apples" oil on gessobord


Well, the slump I was in seems to be at bay for awhile. So I'm painting as much as time allows. I still love to paint those green apples!

"The Great Escape" oil on gessobord


And in march the eggs. I'm thinking that with my new inspiration I shouldn't push it to much with the wild compositions, not that I paint wild things anyway. I really love the shape of eggs and the way different light falls on every point of the surface. I actually had fun painting this set up and decided not to worry about my reason for justifying each brush stroke. I just liked the light.

"Blue Egg Cup" oil on gessobord


no comment. Just trying to enjoy the process again.

"As American As"


A doctor friend of mine has this wonderful eagle on his desk and I've been wanting to paint it for years. So I finally got up the nerve to ask if I could borrow it for awhile. Well, yesterday, I knew, was its' last day in my studio, so I had to do something with it. The rose is not too rosey nor the apples red enough, but the eagle does preside over this image. I tried not to get too hung up on the details of the wings and globe it is sitting on.. So in an hour I did manage to capture a certain feel I was after. I would like my paintings to go more in the direction of muted colors, greyed colors, in fact. I did this painting in one hour and said what I wanted to say without moving to a larger surface to catch more of the details. Now, if only tomorrow can be as inspiring between shoveling what, I've heard, is more snow on the way. I have many ideas brewing as subjects to paint. Food prep is one of them.

1 comment:

Gexton said...


awesome! It's true haven't seen you put much painting up here in a while, but really sweet!
painters edmonton

painting contractor edmonton