Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"First Pick" 8" x 8" oil on gessobord


Well, I'm back from my wonderful Advanced Workshop with Carol Marine in Santa Fe. Everything, including the meals, exceeded my expectations. Carol is a fabulous teacher and I met 13 other eager artists ready to shed their egos and allow for mistakes. And the week held quite an amount of diverse talent. One of the exercises we did was to work on painting glass with flowers. Painting clear glass has a different approach than painting colored glass. I was pleased with my study and only reminded myself how much I enjoy challenges.

3 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

It was wonderful meeting you!

Pam Holnback said...

It was wonderful meeting you!

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Kathryn, I recognize this fabulous painting! Was wonderful meeting you. I hope to get my works photographed and on my blog soon, too.