Saturday, September 29, 2012

"Ah, The Rose" small painting on gessobord


Roses, I find, very difficult to paint. So much form with translucent light passing through the petals. I still try to paint them once in awhile. I'm off tomorrow to Carol Marine's advanced painting workshop in Santa Fe. My suitcase is filled with tripod, palette, things to paint, lights, camera, backdrops, paints, brushes, bulbs, medium and a few clothes. I plan to post a few "experiments in learning" while away for the week. Yikes! I almost forgot to pack my confidence and patience. Carol is a wonderful teacher, for I was lucky enough to get a spot in her first workshop 5 years ago. I'm looking forward to meeting some wonderful painters there.

2 comments:

LindaHunt said...

Have a wonderful time and learn so much!!!

Nora MacPhail said...

Have a wonderful time with the wonderful Carol Marine! Happy Learning and Happy Painting.