Sunday, November 27, 2011

Working with Apples These days




Well, I have worked a little bit with the painting, but too much has been happening in my non-studio life.
I thought this apple would turn brown before I could finish a sketch, much less a painting, but in looking back, I'm not singing praises for my work. It was important that, at least, I put in the time and try. I love this bottle that I found at IKEA. They sold in a 3-pack in different shades of aqua. What a find! I need to work on more interesting set ups..... that seems to be my big struggle-du-jour. In this second painting, non of the items appear to be anchored down. Well, all of them have that problem. Perhaps I'm worrying about the wrong things here. I have a few other things to post, but not all at once. 

5 comments:

LindaHunt said...

I love the top paintng especially!
So good to see you back.
Hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

These color combinations are just amazing! I am a huge fan of pastels and find these painting so soothing and inviting, really lovely work!
Tina xo

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

Maybe because they are on a blue base which makes one think of the sea. Anchor down! hee hee.

I have a still life I did with my mother and the eggplant looks like it's in motion zooming around the other vegetables. I didn't like it at the time, but now I find it amusing.

Lorraine.

dulcy said...

Kathryn... your work is lovely and inspiring to me as always. I've been doing pastels from pictures, and haven't done but one set-up yet. I'm hoping that changes when I'm done with the current one I'm working on. I have lots of props that I would like to try out. It's just getting the physical space in order first. Those pears of yours are awesome!
xo
dulcy

Susan Roden said...

Love the pastel shades and apples Kathryn! So delicate.