Saturday, June 18, 2011

"Number 12" 10" x 10" oil on linen


I seem to be on to these pool balls for a while now. I especially love the yellow one, which is number 1. I'm currently looking to purchase a number 3, which is a solid redish-orange color. I love drawing spheres, although the yellow ball, now that I'm really looking at it, looks a little off anatomically. Light bulbs, also, are an excellent object to practice your drawing. I wanting this little painting to be viewed mostly in shadow with accents from the light source. 

3 comments:

dulcy said...

As always, I love your paintings, and find the pool balls quite fascinating. Also... I immediately recognized that first piece of embroidery because I have the picture hanging on my inspiration board here! The little lamb piece is very sweet, and I can see how it would be hard to part with either of them.
xo
dulcy

susan jenkins said...

I'm looking forward to the orange one!! Your pool ball paintings are delightful!! Well done!
Susan

Jody Battaglia said...

Billiards anyone? It appears that you are having a ball.

Have silly bristles fun, Jody