Monday, May 2, 2011

just the seeds added.....to the Strawberries


I have not gotten to paint for the last few days, but I just could not look at these strawberries any longer without seeds. So on the first attempt I added lots, way too many. So I wiped out, since the painting was dry, and tried again. I just wanted to suggest seeds without defining the whole lot. Much improved, I think. Also, the painting a few posts back with my brushes and apples....well, I switched the painting. Usually I don't like to go back in and rework after I've declared "done". I have ruined more paintings that way without the ability to edit it back to the way it was. I only have a memory through a photo image. I also have photos of a few "could have beens" if I just had not been so hasty in wiping out.


This painting, I think in looking back, had a really good start...and I wiped it out. The setup was placed on a piece of white acrylic, so I could get some interesting reflections to paint. I had never done that kind of setup before. Here the dark background really made that vase glow! What was I thinking! Guess I was just afraid of the challenge. 

4 comments:

dulcy said...

Well, I'm just one happy gal because my beautiful painting arrived today! It's currently sitting on my mantle with my new hooked rug resting on the floor beneath. Such heavenly springtime colors! Tomorrow I'm going to clear the mantle and arrange your painting with a couple of pieces of Julie Whitemore's pottery and some other pretty pottery I have collected. I simply love it Kathryn! Also, besides the colors and composition, the size is just perfect.....
xo
dulcy

dulcy said...

I'm back..... love the strawberries and apple. Of course, I'm a fan of everything I've seen so far!

dulcy said...

I'm back..... love the strawberries and apple. Of course, I'm a fan of everything I've seen so far!

Rebecca Malone said...

love the shadows around the strawberries and apple -- and the negative space around the items -- this is a wonderful painting!!