Saturday, November 3, 2012

"Almost to the Top"


Well, this has been an interesting week. So many people have been devastated by Hurricane Sandy hitting New England. My area has had much flooding, trees down and power lost, but mostly things are OK. No water, electricity, flush, heat, so I have done no painting. But I do have some pieces I have yet to post. Stacking up the cups again and working on the rose here. 

"And Then She Blew Her Top"


Not much to say here but that I tried unsuccessfully to peel this orange in one piece in a circle.

"Mother May I?"


I've been wanting to paint one of my Steiff animals for awhile, so I threw in the apple to give a sense of scale.  So, not a lot going on as far as problem solving, but painting some new things. I hope to have my power back on in a day or two, so I can get back to work.

2 comments:

LindaHunt said...

Lovely paintings...love the little lamb and apple!

I hope that you didn't have too many bad effects from the storm.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

These are ALL so lovely, Kathryn. Especially love the colored glass vase with cups, rose and apple. Nice job. Yea, that one peal thing is tricky. Enjoy!