Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"A Reflection On Grapes" 8" x 8" oil on gessoboard


I thought of messing around with the photo from this painting in Photoshop. I'm wondering if I should have gone a little easier on the color somewhere, perhaps the pink background. I'm thinking that all the objects have too much intense color, where I should have been more selective. Also, I think that the reflections should have been darker and more grey than the items reflected. However, still trying to post most all of my paintings....the good, the bad and the ugly.

3 comments:

Julia said...

The subject of your painting was obviously on a glass table top which may have made it more difficult to get the right shade for the reflection but till a nice painting, but what do I know about painting. It's definitely NOT ugly.

LindaHunt said...

I love your newer paintings! I can really see the work that you are putting in. Your colors are always so inviting.

Maga Fabler said...

Good composition, dynamic, very interesting.